- A booking will be provisionally reserved in your name once dates have been agreed by telephone, fax, or e-mail between both parties.
- To confirm and secure your reserved dates, 50% of the total fee, together with a signed copy of the booking terms and conditions should be submitted within 7 days.
- Do not book any hotel or travel arrangements before we notify you that we have received, therefore confirmed, your 50% deposit. We observe a ‘first come first served’ basis and your agreed dates are only guaranteed once you have received confirmation from ourselves.
- When a booking is made less than 12 weeks prior to the commencement of the intended visit the total fee will be due within 7 days of the reservation being made.
- The Gearach reserves the right to cancel your week, without reason, at any time without notice.
- Payments may be made by any of the following:-
- Transfer funds should be sent to the following account:
Bank: Barclays Bank PLC
Bank Address: Alston Branch, Northumberland, NE6 1PE
Account Name: The Gearach
Account Number: 60428116
Sort Code: 20-40-09
Iban Number: GB85 BARC 2040 0960 4281 16
Swift Number: BARCGB22
- By UK pounds sterling cheque – payable to The Gearach
- By banker’s draft in UK pounds sterling payable to The Gearach
Any bank charges arising from the transfer of funds will be payable by you.
Cancellation and Terms & Conditions
- In the event of a cancellation, if a booking can be re-let, refunds less an admin fee will be made. There is no guarantee or implication that re-letting will or can take place.
- We reserve the right to book additional guns to join your team, up to a maximum of 10 guns per week.
- We recommend and all Clients/Guns agree to insure against the cancelation of their sporting break which includes all shooting (clay pigeon, game, wildfowling, deer stalking) on their part or due to temporary or permenant suspention of shooting or due to a shooting ban for any reason by DEFRA, SNH or any other Government Agency or body or any other external Agency or body for any reason, at any time without notice.
- Please read the British Association for Shooting and Conservation severe weather arrangements for wildfowling and waterfowl shooting voluntary restraint and the waterfowl shooting and severe weather documents.
- All sportsmen must have third party insurance against sporting accidents and third party liabilities. Details will be requested before arrival.
- All instructions and decisions given by stalkers and keepers is final. Failure to comply with such instructions or decisions may result in the cancellation of the rest of the booking for an individual or the whole team without notice. In the event of cancellation under the terms of this clause, there will be no right to a refund or compensation.
- All sportsmen will be required to hold appropriate licences and certificates for the legal use of sporting weapons and the taking and shooting of game. For overseas visitors, application forms can be provided on request. You should carry these on your person during your visit and produce them if requested to do so.
- You accept it is your responsibility to arrive in good time on Islay for your sporting break which includes all shooting (clay pigeon, game, wildfowling, deer stalking). You agree and accept “The Gearach” is not liable for any cost whatsoever resulting in the cancellation or interruption of your sporting break which includes all shooting (clay pigeon, game, wildfowling, deer stalking) due to your travel arrangements being interrupted for any reason.
- You accept refunds or compensation will not be given, in the event, either before or during your sporting break which includes all shooting (clay pigeon, game, wildfowling, deer stalking), the shooting of game, clays or deer is either temporarily or permenantly suspended or banned for any reason by DEFRA, SNH or any other Government Agency or Body or any other external Body or Agency for any reason, at any time with or without notice. We regret no alternative dates can be offered in such circumstances.
What is included
The price of your week includes:
Stalking is normally let by the week (5 shooting days) with two outings per day, one at dawn and one at dusk.
- Field preparation of all trophies
- Services of a professional stalker/hunter
Shooting is normally let by the week (2 evening flights and 3 shooting days).
- Services of a guide, beater and dogs
- Service of a guide and dog(s)
The price of your week does not include:
- Your accommodation
- Lunch during shooting (your hotel will provide you with a packed lunch)
- Trophy fees (deer stalking) also on animals shot, wounded and lost
- Further preparation of trophies
- Carriage to Taxidermist
- Trophy packing, freight agents charges, and trophy shipping
- Ammunition and loan of firearms
- Visitor’s firearms permit
- The carcass (deerstalking)
- All birds shot
- Transportation costs to and from Islay
- Transfer cost to and from Islay Airport and Islay Ferry Terminals. A charge of £25.00 per vehicle will be charged each way.
- Additional flighting
- For transportation to and from Islay airport and Islay ferry terminal please see our useful links page for car hire and taxis
- For transport to and from the hunting area please see our useful links page for car hire
Trophies cover all bucks and stags up to medal class. Medal class bucks and stags are as follows: Bronze Medal – Silver Medal – Gold Medal and will be identified as closely as possible prior to taking the animal.
SIZE OF BAG (WILD BIRDS. I.E. WOODCOCK & GEESE.)
Wild bird shooting is considered the most testing and challenging of all shooting sports. The size of the bag will be determined by the skill of the team and the weather conditions, which may affect the numbers of birds seen and shot. No Guarantee is therefore made as to the number of wild birds you may see or shoot due to the nature of wild bird shooting. By booking with The Gearach , you accept and agree to pay a fixed rate shooting fee tariff which is not dependent on the number of birds seen and shot. We reserve the right to place a limit on the number of birds shot on any one day.
OVERSEAS VISITORS FIREARMS PERMITS
Please ensure you apply for a visitors Shotgun or Firearms Permit as soon as possible for any guns you intend to bring into the country.
Please contact Police Scotland.
Glasgow Firearms and Explosive Licensing
2 French Street
Telephone: 01786 – 895580.
Please ensure that you carry this permit with you along with adequate insurance cover for personal accident, public and third party liability and any eventualities connected with hunting and shooting.
WEAPONS, AMMUNITION & HEALTH & SAFETY
Cartridges can be supplied on request to suit 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotguns with 2.1/2 inch chamber or greater in various shot sizes. We DO NOT allow plastic wad cartridges. Please ensure felt/fibre wad. In addition we only allow double barrel shot guns. We do not allow semi automatic weapons.
We do not allow the use of mobile phones during shooting as we consider this to be a Health & Safety issue. Likewise we do not allow Smoking anywhere in the Forestry as it is a Fire Hazard.
Mark & Eleanor Pipers decision is final.
Protecting Waterfowl from Lead in Wetlands – From the 31st March 2005, all bird shooting sportsman are prohibited from shooting over wetlands in Scotland with lead shot and you must ensure you use non-lead shot in such circumstances. We do not allow the use of lead shot over our wetlands in any circumstances and any breach of this condition will result in the immediate cancellation of your sporting break.
Any shooting activity is potentially hazardous and it is important that all lawful directions and advice from ourselves be followed. We accept no responsibility for any illness or loss whatsoever incurred in the course of your stalking or shooting, or any expense arising from such illness or loss.
We take your safety very seriously and are appropriately indemnified.